Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Taking readers inside the secret Club 33

It made sense to me that the Disney characters would hang out in Club 33 after the park closed for the day. It’s beautiful, hidden and exclusive. And serves alcohol. Why not party at the most coveted address in Disneyland? Especially if there’s an open bar.


I took some liberties with the interior design, essentially setting the action of “Backstage Disneyland” in an enlarged version of the famed Trophy Room. The real Trophy Room would never have enough space for all the Disney characters I crammed in there. But with a little Hollywood magic, I made the Club 33 Trophy Room about four times as big as it really is.


I’ve been fortunate to visit Club 33 twice in my life. The first time it was during a formal sit-down dinner with white linens, china, silverware and a full menu. The second visit was during a large event, so the food was served buffet style.


I love that devotees are so fanatical about Club 33 that they post photos of the bathroom toilets online. That’s a serious obsession.

I still haven’t been to Club 33 since the most recent remodel. Unless somebody wants to invite me for a visit. I’d be happy to buy lunch.

Buy the book

Read the blog

Sample chapters
Prologue: Once Upon a Time
Chapter 1: Wonderful World of Disney
Chapter 2: A Whole New World
Chapter 3: Exile on Main Street USA
Chapter 4: Evil Plans
Chapter 5: Real Princesses of Disneyland
Chapter 6: Action Figure
Chapter 7: Code R
Chapter 8: Common Foes
Chapter 9: Peace, Love & Mickey
Chapter 10: Operation Death Star
Chapter 11: Frozen Ever After

No comments:

Post a Comment