Thursday, November 19, 2015

Meet the beaten and broken down Buzz Lightyear

I painted Buzz Lightyear in “Backstage Disneyland” as the wimp we briefly see in the movies - a sad, weak, pitiful excuse for a space ranger. Pretty much the mirror opposite of the Buzz we all know and love.


I would be sad too if I was paraded through town in shackles every night and kicked out of the only home I ever knew. It’s embarrassing and demoralizing. That kind of disrespectful treatment would eat at a spaceman.

I do give Buzz a glimmer of hope with Ariel - although she isn’t as faithful as he is. I suspect if there is ever a sequel to “Backstage Disneyland” that their romance will be explored in greater detail.

Buy the book

Read the blog

Sample chapters
Prologue: Once Upon a Time
Chapter 1: Wonderful World of Disney
Chapter 2: A Whole New World
Chapter 3: Exile on Main Street USA
Chapter 4: Evil Plans
Chapter 5: Real Princesses of Disneyland
Chapter 6: Action Figure
Chapter 7: Code R
Chapter 8: Common Foes
Chapter 9: Peace, Love & Mickey
Chapter 10: Operation Death Star

Chapter 11: Frozen Ever After

No comments:

Post a Comment