Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Setting the stage for a familiar fantasy world

After visiting Disneyland for 25 years, the challenge for me was deciding what to keep in and what to leave out of “Backstage Disneyland” when describing the park.


My presumption is that many readers will be as familiar with Disneyland as I am - or even more so. But I had to balance my own familiarity with the fact that some readers will have never visited Disneyland. I needed to show just enough detail to satisfy the lifetime fans while not leaving the neophytes in the dark.


I often find myself doing the same balancing act as a theme park blogger - finding the perfect medium between general interest reader and roller coaster enthusiast.

I’d be interested to hear if any Good Reads readers found themselves physically lost at any point in “Backstage Disneyland” - wondering exactly where the story was taking place in the park.

Buy the book

Read the blog

Sample chapters
Prologue: Once Upon a Time
Chapter 1: Wonderful World of Disney
Chapter 2: A Whole New World
Chapter 3: Exile on Main Street USA
Chapter 4: Evil Plans
Chapter 5: Real Princesses of Disneyland
Chapter 6: Action Figure
Chapter 7: Code R
Chapter 8: Common Foes
Chapter 9: Peace, Love & Mickey
Chapter 10: Operation Death Star

Chapter 11: Frozen Ever After

No comments:

Post a Comment