Tuesday, October 27, 2015

What were you thinking?

So I guess the first question some readers will have is: How can you publish this book?


Don’t you have to get permission from Disney et al to use their characters? That’s what I thought at first too when I started dreaming up “Backstage Disneyland,” but then I decided to plunge ahead anyway to see what developed.


I ultimately passed on the utterly unsatisfying notion of slightly changing the names and locations. Instead I transformed the characters and reimagined their world. I quickly found that my work of fan fiction was evolving into a mix of parody, satire, critique and commentary.

My goal was only ever to write an entertaining story, not lay claim to the characters or their associated trademarks or copyrights. I’d be happy to adapt my work to make it publishable on a mass market and thrilled at the opportunity to collaborate with Disney if the opportunity arose.

Buy the book: Kindle | Paperback (coming soon)

Read the blog

Sample chapters
Prologue: Once Upon a Time
Chapter 1: Wonderful World of Disney
Chapter 2: A Whole New World
Chapter 3: Exile on Main Street USA
Chapter 4: Evil Plans
Chapter 5: Real Princesses of Disneyland
Chapter 6: Action Figure
Chapter 7: Code R
Chapter 8: Common Foes
Chapter 9: Peace, Love & Mickey
Chapter 10: Operation Death Star

Chapter 11: Frozen Ever After

No comments:

Post a Comment