Sunday, October 25, 2015

Coming Soon to Good Reads: Backstage Disneyland by Brady MacDonald


I just self-published a 22,000-word novella called “Backstage Disneyland” on Amazon Kindle and CreateSpace.


On Monday, I’m going to start publishing portions of “Backstage Disneyland” on Good Reads. My plan is to release a sample from a new chapter each Monday and follow up with a few blog posts every week about things that came to mind while I was writing the book. I plan to blog about the writing process, the story itself and questions readers might have.


I’ve self-published one full-length novel (“The First Book of the Last Testament”) and written an unpublished screenplay (“A Cook in the Kitchen”). I recently completed a compilation of newspaper articles from the past 60 years called “Disneyland: From Orange Groves to Opening Day.”


I’m hoping this experiment on Good Reads might land me a literary agent, interest from a small publishing house or opportunities to write, rewrite or ghost write other works.

I’d appreciate any thoughts and feedback the Good Reads community can provide on “Backstage Disneyland.” And please help spread the word about the project on social media using #BSDL.

Buy the book

Read the blog

Sample chapters
Prologue: Once Upon a Time
Chapter 1: Wonderful World of Disney
Chapter 2: A Whole New World
Chapter 3: Exile on Main Street USA
Chapter 4: Evil Plans
Chapter 5: Real Princesses of Disneyland
Chapter 6: Action Figure
Chapter 7: Code R
Chapter 8: Common Foes
Chapter 9: Peace, Love & Mickey
Chapter 10: Operation Death Star
Chapter 11: Frozen Ever After

No comments:

Post a Comment