Friday, October 30, 2015

How I wrote an entire novel on my iPhone

I wrote most of “Backstage Disneyland” on my iPhone while traveling to and from work on a commuter train. I’ve become pretty adept at writing on the phone and was surprised at how quickly the book came together. 

In total, it took me about a month to write the book and a long three-day weekend to edit it. It helped that I knew the characters and the locations intimately. The writing seemed to flow out of me and I frequently found myself in such a groove that I’d write while I walked to or from the office or home after getting off the train.

The writing experience on “Backstage Disneyland” was far different than any of my past work. My novel took nearly two years to write and the screenplay four months. I’ve dropped a number of writing projects midway through the process just because I lost interest in the story or turned my attention to other things.

Buy the book

Read the blog

Sample chapters
Prologue: Once Upon a Time
Chapter 1: Wonderful World of Disney
Chapter 2: A Whole New World
Chapter 3: Exile on Main Street USA
Chapter 4: Evil Plans
Chapter 5: Real Princesses of Disneyland
Chapter 6: Action Figure
Chapter 7: Code R
Chapter 8: Common Foes
Chapter 9: Peace, Love & Mickey
Chapter 10: Operation Death Star
Chapter 11: Frozen Ever After

No comments:

Post a Comment